Online Privacy Statement for AmexNetwork.co.uk
Updated: May 5, 2009
This Online Privacy Statement describes the information practices of this website, www.amexnetwork.co.uk and all services and webpages available under www.amexnetwork.co.uk or under other websites that display, link to, or incorporate by reference this Online Privacy Statement("our site" or "Website"). This Website is a place for consumers to find out about unique experiences, special insights, promotions, and benefits available for cardmembers holding any American Express-branded card. The Website is administered and maintained by the Global Network Marketing and Information unit ("the American Express Network", "we", "our" or "us") of American Express Travel Related Services Company, Inc, which is the unit responsible for operating this Website.
The American Express Network values and protects your privacy. We thank you for the trust that you place in us and we want you to know that the information you share with us will be treated with care.
The objective of this Online Privacy Statement is to disclose and explain what "Personally Identifiable Information" ("PII") and other information the American Express Network collects, uses, and shares and to explain the privacy choices that you can make. We encourage you to read this Online Privacy Statement, as well as those of all websites that you visit.
This Online Privacy Statement applies solely to: (1) information collected by the American Express Network or our "Vendors" via: (a) this Website, or (b) e-mail, as described in this Online Privacy Statement; and (2) UK visitors to this Website.
This Website may provide links to third-party websites. This Online Privacy Statement does not apply to any information you may provide while on such sites. We encourage you to read the privacy policies on those sites before providing any of your personal information on such sites.
WHAT INFORMATION THE AMERICAN EXPRESS NETWORK COLLECTS AND HOW WE USE IT
- The Information We Collect
- How We Use and Share The Information We Collect
- Advertisements On This Website and Other Website
- Using Your E-mail Address
- Transfers of Information to Other Countries
- Children’s Privacy
The Information We Collect
When you visit this Website, the American Express Network or our Vendors collect information, including PII, that you provide, such as during your registration as a user or your purchase of a product or service. When browsing this Website, you may choose not to provide us with any PII, such as by not registering.
How We Use and Share The Information We Collect
The American Express Network does not sell or share PII collected via this Website or via the e-mails covered by this Online Privacy Statement with third parties so that they can independently market their own products and services directly to you. To provide products and services to you, we may also share your information with carefully selected Vendors and "Business Partners" with whom we work. This includes companies that manage accounts; offer affinity, frequent-user, and reward programs; perform marketing services and other business operations for us; and whose products or services are provided as a benefit of your relationship with us. All companies that act on our behalf are required to safeguard PII. We may also use or disclose your information, including PII, to comply with the law or in response to a subpoena, court order, government request, or other legal process, or as otherwise permitted by law; to perform charge verifications; to report or collect debts owed; to reduce fraud or criminal activity; to protect our legal rights and the legal rights of American Express Company, its subsidiaries, and affiliates ("American Express"), our customers, this Website, or the users of this Website; to allow a purchaser of an American Express division, or American Express as a whole, to continue using your information to serve you; or as otherwise permitted by this Online Privacy Statement.
Advertisements On This Website and Other Websites
The American Express Network hires Vendors to place advertisements on this Website and other websites, and to perform tracking and reporting functions for this Website and other websites. These Vendors do not collect PII in this process, and we do not give any PII to them as part of this process. This Online Privacy Statement does not cover the collection methods or use of the information collected by these Vendors. These Vendors have their own privacy policies and may be members of the Network Advertising Initiative ("NAI"). To remove yourself from some or all NAI member advertising programs, please visit the NAI Opt-Out Page and follow the relevant instructions. If you would like more information on how to remove yourself from the tracking and reporting functions performed for this Website by Omniture, our main Vendor for these purposes, please visit the Omniture Opt-Out Page and follow the relevant instructions.
Using Your E-Mail Address
The American Express Network may use your e-mail address to send the following types of e-mail messages to you:
- Updates and Valuable Offers. We may send you e-mail updates regarding your Website registration account, offers for American Express Network products and services, requests for enrollment, as well as valuable offers from our Business Partners.
- Regularly Scheduled E-mail Newsletters related to American Express Network products or services in which you are enrolled or newsletters that you have elected to receive.
- Service Information. We may send you e-mail service notifications that are related to any Account(s) or products or services in which you enrolled with us. These include e-mails that answer your questions about a product or service, facilitate or confirm a sale, or fulfill a legal or regulatory disclosure requirement.
- Optional Messages. You may also choose to receive other types of e-mail messages from us, including additional alerts and notifications beyond those noted above.
When we send e-mail to you, we may be able to identify information about your e-mail address, such as whether you can view graphic-rich HTML e-mail. If your e-mail address is HTML-enabled, we may choose to send you graphic-rich HTML e-mail messages.
Transfers of Information to Other Countries
Some of the uses and disclosures mentioned in this Online Privacy Statement may involve the transfer of your PII to various countries around the world. By submitting your PII to us via this Website or in response to our e-mails, you consent to such transfers and to the processing of this information in various countries around the world.
This Website is not intended for use by children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly solicit data online from, or market online to, children under the age of 13. If we knowingly obtain PII in error on a child under the age of 13, we will delete that information from our systems.
YOUR COMMUNICATION AND PRIVACY CHOICES
The American Express Network respects the choices that you make regarding your privacy. You may request that we no longer send you direct marketing e-mails. Please note that it may take some time, consistent with applicable law, for us to process your request.
- If you do not want to receive future offers or promotions via e-mail from the American Express Network about our products and services, or the products and services of our Business Partners, please click here. In addition, if you have received certain marketing e-mails from the American Express Network but you no longer wish to receive them, you may also follow the unsubscribe instructions that are located at the bottom of those e-mail messages. Please note that your choice is applicable only to those e-mail communications sent by the American Express Network and not to e-mail communications that may be sent to you by the various card issuing entities that issue American Express-branded cards.
Please note that even if you choose not to receive future direct marketing e-mails, we may continue to send you service notifications via e-mail. Such notifications may provide information about your Website registration account, answer your questions about a product or service, facilitate or confirm a sale, or fulfill a legal or regulatory requirement.
SECURING YOUR INFORMATION
We use reasonable administrative, technical, and physical security measures to protect your PII from unauthorized access and use. Do not use e-mail to send us any PII, since it would be unencrypted and can be read by anyone who receives or intercepts it.
CHANGES TO THIS ONLINE PRIVACY STATEMENT
The American Express Network reserves the right to change this Online Privacy Statement at any time by posting revisions on this Website. Such changes will be effective upon posting.